Thursday 7 July 2016

Feature Friday: Catherine Rowe Art

Where are you from?
Chichester, West Sussex.
Where do you practice your work?
Arundel, West Sussex, in my garden studio.
Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
A bit of both! I studied Illustration at the Cambridge School of Art 2010 - 2013.
How would you describe your artwork/process?
I work with Scraperboard, a media which mimics printed ways of working such as linocut and etching. It is card coated with a thin layer of chalk, coated with dried black ink. The ink is scraped away to reveal the white. I then scan and colour my images digitally using photoshop and a graphics tablet.
What is your biggest influence/inspiration?
Wildlife and our beautiful countryside surroundings. Influential Artists include William Morris, Thomas Bewick and more contemporary; Anna Pugh, Mark Hearld.
What are you working on at the moment?
I am currently taking part in an instagram takeover from the licensing agency I belong to; Yellow House.  I'm showing the process of a new scraper board piece, a New Zealand pigeon in a loquat tree, from start to finish. Follow @yellowhouse_uk on Instagram to see. 
Where can people see your work?
I have some originals on display in Cambridge Contemporary Arts and various stockists in the UK ranging from my home town of Arundel to Nottingham, all can be found here: http://catherineroweart.com/Stockists. Prints, cards and originals are also available to buy from my Etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment