Thursday 29 June 2017

Feature Friday: Charlie Sutcliffe Art

Where are you from?
I was born in England - where the Thames meets the sea. I was raised on the South Coast near Brighton.

Where do you currently practice your artwork?
I work from a studio in Ruzafa, Valencia, Spain. The neighbourhood is a vibrant patchwork of artists and designers.
Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
Technically, I went to university to study illustration... but at the time I was more interested in building a woodland house
in the forest next door. 

How would you describe your artwork/process?
As a constant voyage of experimentation and investigation.
What is your biggest influence/inspiration?
Everything that surrounds us. Flea markets are a big win as they are the best museums.

What has been the biggest highlight of your career so far?
The pleasure and honour to be able to carry on doing what I do.

What are you working on at the moment?
I´m completing a set of large papier mache sculptures which combine the mechanical with the organic.
Drawing in the botanical gardens and also preparing flora for a set of photograms. 

Where can people see your work?
We are currently showing in Laura Cobo, Valencia until the 10th of June before touring Europe
as well as the usual places.

No comments:

Post a Comment