Thursday 25 February 2016

Feature Friday: Jamie Patterson Illustration

Where are you from and where do you practice your work?
 I am a Geordie by birth, currently living and working in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
I am entirely self taught with no formal artistic training. My dad was an artist and gave me a few tips as a child that have stuck with me ever since.
How would you describe your artwork/process?
The process is quite simple - I love nature. This forms the core of my pen and ink silhouette circle work. Working from my imagination I will render a circle using black fine liners and brush pens. I try to add as much detail as possible so when someone goes back to a piece of my artwork hopefully they will find another star or plant frond that they didn’t see before. Mr Trafalgar is different, he and his friends are evolving. We hope that the brand will take flight in the world of children’s book publishing.
What is your biggest influence/inspiration?
My biggest inspiration for my circle silhouettes is without doubt natural history. Artists who influence both my silhouette circles and Mr Trafalgar include Rembrandt, Lotte Reneger, Jan Pienkowski and Aubrey Beardsley. 
Have you ever received any artistic awards for your work?
Mr Trafalgar won License This 2013 at Brand Licensing Europe a competition to give creative concepts the chance to break into the global licensing industry.
To see more of Jamie’s Silhouette circles please visit:
Etsy Shop
 If you are interested in showcasing your work click here to find out more! 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    Brand licensing london & Brand licensing europe

    ReplyDelete